- When do I get the goods?
Normally your coins or precious metals will be shipped to you within 1-2 business days after your money is received. Please be aware that a money transfer may take 1 to 3 business days
- Can someone else pay on my behalf?
All orders need to be paid by the person who ordered from us and whose name appears on the invoice. Invoice name and bank account name need to match in order for payments to be accepted.
- How do I sell coins and bullions to CoinInvestDirect?
1. The coins/bullion shown on our website are the coins/bullion we are interested in buying. The"Buy Price" is the price we would offer you at that moment in time.
2. In order to fix the price please call us during our office hours, between 9am to 6pm. We will then offer and confirm the current price to you.
3. Following the fixing we will ask you to send the items immediately to the receiving office in Germany where they will be checked by one of our experts. Postage and risk have to be covered by you. We will supply you with the address once the price has been fixed.
4. Please enclose a signed note stating the type of coins/bullion, the quantity and the agreed price.
5. Once we have received the items we will confirm receipt and check them within 48h and then give you feedback.
6. Upon approval of the items' quality we will arrange payment to you. Please enclose your account details in your signed note.
7. Should the coins not be approved we will send them back to you at your cost and no payment will be made. CoinInvestDirect will not cover these shipping charges.
- Can I have my order shipped to a P.O. Box?
Unfortunately we cannot ship to a P.O. Box. All shipments need to be signed for upon delivery and we therefore need to ship to an address where somebody is available for signature.
- Are there special prices for wholesalers, banks, or high-volume dealers?
Many banks and coin wholesalers buy from JTSPLP / www.CoinInvestDirect.com. If you want to buy large quantities, we may be able to offer you a better price. Please inquire via e-mail, fax or telephone.
- How much does it cost to transfer money into your account?
If you are located in the European Union and in a Euro country you can use our IBAN and BIC-codes; we have accounts in London/UK and Germany. In most cases, you pay the same fee as for a domestic money transfer.
- Why is CoinInvestDirect.com able to offer such low prices?
Because we buy and sell such large quantities of coins and precious metals, we are able to offer lower prices than our competitors. Our related gold bullion business for high-volume investors (www.GoldInvestDirect.com) gives us a unique position in the precious metals market, allowing to pass our savings on to our customers.
- Is it possible to pick up the coins in your office?
For security reasons we do not hold any stock at our London offices and we therefore cannot offer collection in the UK.
But we are happy to offer collection of goods from our vaulting partner Via Mat International near Frankfurt / Germany. If you are interested in picking up your orders please contact our customer service to make arrangements before placing your order.
When collection is arranged the German VAT rate of 7% is applied for silver. Please note that it is not possible to buy anonymously; your payment must be made in form of a bank transfer prior to the collection.
- Do you notify HMRC about my purchases ? (UK clients only)
According to HMRC's regulations we will ask you for certified and recent proof of address and certified proof of identity when you make gold purchases worth 5,000 GBP in a single transaction or worth 10,000 GBP in several transaction in the course of 12 months. We will not proactively send these documents to HMRC but keep them on file together with your order details and invoice in case HMRC wishes to check.
- Should I ship the order to my personal or business address?
You should choose an address where someone is available to receive parcel delivery during business hours. Often your business address is the best choice.
- How can I pay?
- Payment is to be made by bank transfer to our account only. You will find full account information on our invoices. Payment is possible in EUR, GBP and USD.There is no option to pay by credit or debit card nor Paypal or Western Union.
- I order online - what happens then?
We will send you an invoice and ask for your payment. Please pay the same day, or at the latest, the day after as we are expecting your payment to have cleared within three working days. After receiving the money we will ship your purchase to the required address.
- I've ordered but I didn't get a confirmation?
Within 24 hours after ordering, you should receive an invoice via e-mail (except Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays). Please check your spam filter to ensure our messages reach you. If you don´t get a confirmation within 24 hours on a business days, please send us an email or call us.
- Do you only speak English?
Our head office is located in London, but we are able to speak and understand the following languages: English, German, French, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Who are CoinInvestDirect.com's stake holders?
CoinInvestDirect is wholly owned by Jewellers Trade Services Partners (JTSPLP). JTSPLP is a company under the law of England and Wales with the Partnership no. LP 011660, registered in London, United Kingdom.
You can see the list of partners on: www.companieshouse.gov.uk
- Why is the head office in London?
Because of the volume of our gold deals, it is advantageous to be in the center of the biggest gold market in Europe: London. Banks and dealers in London are used to handling large quantities of gold. We deal directly in this market, and consequently keep our costs at a minimum.
- What is the VAT (value added tax) on my purchase?
In general, within the EU, investing in physical gold is free of VAT. Under German law, for example, there is no VAT if the price of a gold coin is below 180% of the base metal value.